Re: export IO function symbol

On 10/10/05, NAHieu <nahieu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to export this function (EXPORT_SYMBOL), so other modules or
kernel code can use it. The problem is: I am afraid that if this
function is called at the same time (one is running in module, and at
the same time other module calls it), there can be conflict. Is that
really possible?

If the problem is possible, how can I solve it? Is mutex the answer to
this problem?

Yes there can be conflict When you are using Preemptible kernel or SMP.
  Spinlock, disabling of preemption (automatically done by locks) or any other lock available in Kernel  can solve your  problem.
I Cannot tell for sure which one will be best for you unless i know what you want to achieve.

Regards
Manish Regmi