Re: suspenind a process

Helo...

> How does process get suspended
>
> 1. When running in user mode
> 2. When running in kernel mode

Well, IMHO suspended might be interpreted as task in TASK_STOPPED,
TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE or TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE. All these task state
modification is done on kernel mode in response of certain signal,
sleep(), waiting for disk read and any other kind of  operation that
implicitly call set_task_state in kernel space.

One case that I am not sure whether suspension is done on kernel space
or user space, is when you are doing instruction trace using gdb (in
other word, setting TF--Trap Flag). All I know, when TF is set,
exception is triggered and in turn it calls exception handler.
Exception handler work in kernel space....so personally I say this is
also happen on kernel space. But I allow other people to CMIIW

regards

Mulyadi