Re: How to compile Ramfs

On 10/4/05, prasad Musale <prasad.musale@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I want to know that how to compile ramfs( inode.c file). I have made
> changes in ramfs using only printk(). I want to know how program execution
> flows. I tried a ordinary module compilation technique but failed.
> Can I compile it & how?

Compile it through kernel compilation mechanism means you have to
compile kernel and select RAMFS from the configuration option. So
RAMFS will be compiled and you can load it after booting into the
kernel ........ Or in the other way copy the code of ramfs into some
other file (might also need to change the ramfs name) and then compile
it using simple module compilation mechanism and load !!!!!!

--
Fawad Lateef