Re: getting rid of from_user flag

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 09:42:49AM +0530, kaustav.majumdar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanx for the reply........... but i want to know that whether the
> user space data will be copied to kernel space buffer automatically or
> we have to do it explicitly ???

Did you look at all of the other drivers to see?  Did you look at that
patches that went into the kernel that made this change?  Try looking at
that whenever you have a question as to why something changed, we do
have good changelog comments in the kernel these days...

> And if  i still want to differentiate between user space and kernel
> space data what are the means in this context???

Why would you ever want to do that?

good luck,

greg k-h