Re: Slab Memorry Issues

> Is there some documentation which can explain and give some hints how to
> debug memory over write condition.

Difficult. You're operating without a safety net. It might help if you
can tell us more about what you are trying to do and whether you can
test any of the code in userland with a suitable test harness bit of
code.

Jon

I don't think I can run this code in user space, I wish life would be simple !!!

On doing some more research I have found this problem is associated with one of the slab type I have defined (don't know if there are any more causes). There is a driver for our card loaded on the system. My module registers a call back function with it. I can see that this slab is allocated six time (printing at all the places where slab is allocated and dealllocated along with the address) but unallocated only five times.

One of the place where I think slab memory should be deallocated, I am getting address which is few bytes away from the slab address. I will tallk to driver guy on Monday.