Re: double-acquire deadlock

On 9/22/05, raja <vnagaraju@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Would you please explain me wht is the concept of "double-acquire
> deadlock"

Double-Acquire deadlock refers to the term that you took a lock and
then with-in the lock you are again trying to acquire the same lock
which you already acquired, so this will creates a deallock ...

I read this point some-where else which might clear you little more :

         Spin locks can be used in interrupt handlers, but before
obtaining the lock, one should disable local interrupts(on current
processor), or it will cause double-acquire deadlock.

This means that your same interrupt handler can again be called if you
don't disables local interrupts  and in that you will try to acquire
the same lock again which is already lock ...... (Correct me if my
interpretation of the above point is wrong)

--
Fawad Lateef