I wish you're the right team

Hi,

I had a hard time getting an answer re: HowTo remove/push a Logo that comes out of BIOS. I installed a RedHat Linux on my Laptop Acer ( H D partitioned with half OS XP the other half used for Linux OS) BUT that Acer logo comes out when I try to get Linux browser come on. I used startX but then the Acer logo seems to impeach the browser to come on screen. I called Acer and they claim that they can do nothing for a part of BIOS which is the main chip, that’s what they said.

This is the Error I get after startx:>>

X10: fatal I0 error 104>>( Connection reset by peer) on X server “o.o.” after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Please can you help in this case? Or can you direct me to the right person that would be able to find a patch or some other solution to avoid that error.

Thank you in advance for any help you can come up with.

Regards,

Simon