kernel address space question

Hi,

I follow the address space thread on the list, and have a question.

- Kernel space maps the physical memory to virtual address from 3G to
4G (I am talking about vanilla kernel).  So if in the *kernel
context*, I access to the virtual address 3G+128MB, then actually I
will access to the physical memory at 128MB.

The question is: in *kernel context*, do I need the page table? As
above, I suppose that since I can work out the physical memory address
directly from the virtual address (by subtracting the virtual address
with PAGE_OFFSET), so I do not need the page table.

So the conclusion is: (in *vanilla kernel*) page tables are only for
userspace processes, and kernel space doesnt need page tables at all.

Is that correct?

Many thanks,
NAH