priority

Hi,
   I am a bit confused of relation between priority and time slice.
In a book i have studied It is given that higher priority processes will get longer time slice.
And I/O bounded process will get elevated priority.

and some where in the same book it is written that I/O Bounded processes do not need larger time slices. Will you please clear the doubt.Which needs the highest piority and time slice