himem page frame mapping

Hi,

I have an elementary question. Is the page table mapping for himem memory
areas a global mapping or is it different for every process address space?

If all processes share the same himem memory mapping, why is it so? Wouldn't
it give more flexibility if the himem mapping is different for different
processes, just like regular memory? (Though I can think of drivers for himem
mapped devices that can benefit from this scheme).

If the memory mapping is different for every process, why do we need a
waitqueue for the 128MB that maps the himem?

-aditya