Re: new linux OS

Hi,

vidiyala prashanth wrote:
i do not have either the rescue CD /original CD.
is it possible to downoad the linux OS from any of the trusted sites onto my win98 and then do the installation from my win98 (so that i'll end up having a dual boot and also a backup in my win98) ?

This mailing-list is dedicated to help concerning Linux kernel programming. For information and advices about GNU/Linux system download, installation and configuration, please use the appropriate mailing-list.

Basically, pick a distribution [1], download it, read its documentation and install it. If you still have questions, read the documentation of your distribution again, but please stop posting offtopic e-mails to the kernelnewbies mailing-list.

Sincerly,

Thomas

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_distribution
--