Re: regd packet generation in kernel

Hi,

varun wrote:

        Iam a newbie and iam basically interested in generation my own
icmp packet in the kernel space using skb. That is iam aware that this
can be done using raw or packet socket from user space.
        But to do it from kernel space is it possible if yes how to go
about it. i believe that what raw socket call from User space does in
kernel thats what iam supposed to do.(Correct me if iam wrong). I think
i might have to build my own skb and put it in transmit queue. Is it
possible?

Maybe /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/pktgen.txt will help you.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni