Re: kernel_thread from interrupt service routine

Hi,

jhoney jhoney wrote:

I would like to clarify one thing . Is it possible to create a kernel thread (using kernel_thread())from an interrupt service routine ? My requirement is to create a separate control flow when an interrupt 103 occurs ,the function which acts as entry point for thread creation may block also.

Create your kernel thread during initialization (either module initialization or kernel initialization). Block the kernel thread on a semaphore, and wake it up using the semaphore from the interrupt handler.

Or, alternatively, you can use tasklets, but you can't do everything in a tasklet.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni
thomas.petazzoni@xxxxxxxx