Re: inter module comm (EXPORT_SYMBOL)

Pinaki basu wrote:

Dear sir,
    My problem is I want to communicate two modules,(not two process)
suppose the
module#1 for generating a random no. &
module#2 for getting those random data from module #1
with out using shared memory.(EXPORT_SYMBOL can be used)
please give me some source code for this problem such that i can understand
how to implement EXPORT_SYMBOL.
BY the way please also  send me a   the make file.

Thanks & regards
Pinaki

if it was communication between two processes i would have
suggested pipes or named pipes.

question is what is generated by module  #1? and can this not
be generated in user space?

can you pls be more specific as to what is generated by
module #1 ?  i really want to know. because i think you
cannot generate loads of random numbers ( i am taking your example)
from one module and ask another module to gather it.

regards
arshad