RE: porting a mm specific macro from 2.4 to 2.6

The code below is in user-space  and that MACRO(__vpa) is in
kernel-space.

/* MALLOC_REQ
   Structure used on allocation requests to the driver.
   Used by KernelMalloc() & KernelFree()
*/
typedef struct{
  unsigned long sz; /*number of bytes to allocate*/
  void *ptr; /* pointer to the address that is to ve returned */
  char *to;
  char *from;
   int pid; /*pid */
}MALLOC_REQ;

MALLOC_REQ  kmem;
Ioctl(fd, IOCTL_MALLOC, &kmem);

Ioctl(fd,IOCTL_FREE,*block);

Can provide you more details.
Thanks
-vikas

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.