interrupt and interrupt handler

Hello,

 I want , for testing and getting to know better the interrupt
handlers mechanism
in the linux kernel, to write a simple module with an interrupt handler.
I want to register an interrupt in the range 1-16 , as device interrupts are.

I know the example from LDD 3 about parrlel port , where you connect
pins, but I do not know the locations of such pins.

So my question is : is there a way to do such a thing in a different way?
I do not want to use an existing interrupt, like timer or network card
 or disk ,
because it is called many times each sec.

I want that this interrupt will be called once as a response to a
predfined operation;
performing this predfined operation again will again create the
interrupt and call
the interrupt handler.

If there is a way to do such a thing : to register a device interreupt
(in the range 1-16), so that a use space program (like ioctl , or cat
/dev/mymodle , etc.) will
generate such interrupt ? ( Or let's say pressing some keyboard combinatiion ?)

Regards,
John