Re: Re: _pa/virt_to_phys and __va/phys_to_virt

> > Can you give me a pointer in the kernel sources? I
> > think buddy allcator is responsible for it. i.e.
> is it
> > done at mm initialization phase or not?
>
> The virtual address coresponding to a physical
> address for the kernel
> module is always the same ..... that doesn't depends
> on the contexts
> ...... I think the __va and __pa are well self
> explainatory
> or I m not
> getting what you can't understand or want to know

if you call kmalloc, it gives you a virtual addr. That
address is constructed by adding PAGE_OFFSET to the
founded phys addr. and kmalloc returns this addr to
the caller. I looked at kmalloc func. and didnt see
this "adding stuff". Perhaps there is a different
mechanism instead of adding. I dont know. I am
wondering only this adding stuff.

Mark