Floating Point Exception while insmod

Hi all,
I am a newbie to programming in kernel.
I am facing a problem with "insmod".
I have several files say. test1.c  test2.c
I have compiled all the files with the -o option and created a common .o
file. Sample of the above files is as below..

int minit(char *a, int argc,char * argv[])
{
printk("<1>...argc: %d\r\n",argc);
 if (argc < 2)
 {
   printk("<1>\n");
   return 0;
 }
 return 0;
}

the function minit is prototyped in a header file.
All the code files will contains functions similar to this with different
name and prototypes. None of the files have a init_module function.
While doing insmod of the final obtained .o file, an error is being
thrown saying, Floating Point Exception and core is dumped.
I have debugged the code using GDB and found that the use of the int argc
in the above function was creating the exception..
Can anybody please clear my doubts
1. can i insert a module which does not have a init_module and
cleanup_module functions?
2. While doing insmod, is the code executed or somethign simialr
happens..? This doubt could be silly but..the reason behind this doubt is
the exception as i said was for local variables.
3. under wat conditions do we get a FPE (floating point exception) ?

Basically the above code was actually written for the user space usage
and am now trying to change it to the kernel space.

Do we need to take some extra care to make the necessary changes?

Can anybody please help me out?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vijay Ram.c