Re: regarding USB to serial data

thanks for ur info
Regards
Anurag
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 20:46, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 02:07:51AM -0400, Hemant Mohapatra wrote:
> > On 15 Jul 2005 10:48:12 +0530, Anurag Verma <averma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Can i know in linux, how to convert USB data into Serial data.
> > > This is a project that is assigned to me.
> >
> > What do you wish to do exactly? Recv data on the USB port and send it
> > to serial port? If you follow the correct protocols for USB and rs232,
> > I don't see why you should have any problems.  Have you gone through
> > the rfc's?
>
> Heh, there is no way to just "recv data on the USB port", please go read
> the usb spec to see why.
>
> Anurag, you need some hardware to do this conversion, and make a usb to
> serial converter that you then plug into the USB port on your computer.
> There are _lots_ of these already availble on the market, and most of
> them are supported on Linux.  See the file
> Documentation/usb/usb-serial.txt for details about some of these
> devices.
>
> Good luck,
>
> greg k-h

Network Programs is a SEI-CMM Level 5 & ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company
The information contained in this communication (including any attachments) is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by responding to this email and delete it from your system.
Network Programs (India) Limited is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt.