Re: _pa/virt_to_phys and __va/phys_to_virt

On 7/17/05, mark brown <markbrowni1000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am confused about other situations like allocating
> memory in modules. Because the same physical memory
> may be mapped by different virtual addresses during
> the working of the kernel...

AFAIK, if the same physical memory will be used then there won't be
different virtual address between modules (user space have different
virtual address ranges so on user space not applicable) so each
physical address corresponds to a single virtual address and for the
Highmem Zone like above 896MB the kernel will create mapping for those
physical addresses within a specified virtual memory address (like
kmap_atomic always create mappings on the same virtual address if same
slot is specified in it), so in Zone Normal single physical memory
corresponds to same virtual address (in kernel)

--
Fawad Lateef

P.S. if I m wrong then plzz do correct me !!!!