Re: Hi, About function calls.

Bruce Yang wrote:

Hi:
 Could I call user space functions in my kernel space?
 If could not, how can I do it?
 Now$I need use my module directly access some functions
 in user space.

Impossible !!! but don't be frustrated there are solutions for it
when i faced the same problem i used something calhed NETLINK sockets .. it just a way to transfer messages between kernel and user space ..
google for NETLINK and see man (3) netlink, man (7) netlink
there$is an old solution written by Alan Cox "a character special device" that emulates the communication between the kernel and user space via a character device and this solution is used by CODA file system
i don't know if$there is more solutions :)
MHD