Re: help regarding software interrupts

Hi

the  need for sending a signal from kernel to user is explained below:
i have a single process running in the user space which has 2 threads..say
TA and TB.
associated with each is a device DEVA and DEVB and their respective
drivers DrvA and DrvB.
when ever DrvA needs to send some signal to the user on some interrupt, it
is done through
the fasync method by sending the SIGIO signal. This signal is sent to the
process and is handled by the thread TA. Now a need comes where i need to
send a similar kind of notification from the kernel to the thread TB,
which gets the signal from DrvB. since TA and TB are threads, and both
expect the same signal , when the signal is reached to the thread, it is
not identified as to where the signal has arrived from ..ie, DrvA has
signalled or DrvB has signalled.   Is there anyway we can achieve this
fasync method by any other signal also other than the SIGIO ?? or is it
that only SIGIO is used to notify the user asynchronously??

Regards,
Vijay Ram.C