Re: /sbin/init & pxeboot

> Are the /sbin/init exe on pxeboot/initrd image  & that
> found on /  the same ?
They differ, for their purpose differ.
/sbin/init in pxeboot/initrd is a customized version
for Linux installation, and this /sbin/init doesn't require
/etc/inittab (I don't have the initrd here, so I can't verify).
>                        In pxeboot/initrd image, there
> was no inittab file so which script does /sbin/init
> use for executing boot services/script ?
/sbin/init in pxeboot/initrd don't need to handle
boot services/script, its duty is to install modules and
start anaconda.

> How different is the pxeboot's initrd from the one
> used
> used for local boot ?
The initrd in Linux installation disc is used for
Linux installation tasks (install HDD driver modules
and filesystem modules, format HDD, mount, copy files).
The initrd in local HDD is used for Linux booting tasks
(install HDD driver modules and filesystem modules,
 mount the root fs (usually an HDD) to start /sbin/init).
>                       Does redhat/suse provide any
> Makefile/doc on how to create pxeboot's initrd file ?
You can use mkinitrd to create localboot's initrd.
See 'man mkinitrd'.
If you want to create initrd for Linux installation,
you need to use anaconda RPMs. But if you just want to boot
via PXE, you can pass the initrd in local HDD.
See http://syslinux.zytor.com/pxe.php for PXE boot.

For more information, the 'Kickstart-list' would be a better place.