Re: How to replace a kernel built-in function

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 11:30 +1200, Xiangfei Jia wrote:
> I want to replace a kernel built-in function, so the function can
> perform some special tasks when the kernel calls the function. I want
> to know how to write a module to over-write the built-in kernel
> functions. For example, I wan to replace the swapping funtion
> "rw_swap_page()". How can I do this?

you send a patch in diff -u form to the linux-kernel mailing list

> (I know how to replace a default system call, but not this built-in
> function.)

replacing system calls is very evil!

Maybe you would want to post your source code so that the people on this
mailinglist can come up with an idea of doing what you want without
needing such evil hacks