/proc/kcore lseek file operation

Hi,

This is somewhat related to Linux in that this situation overlaps with
some of the changes in the file {2.4,2.6}fs/proc/kcore.c. I apologize
in advance if it is not case.

I searched marc.theaimsgroup and other random places for the patch
that might explain why the .lseek operation was removed and whether it
has repercussions on the way, user-space, lseek will work with
/proc/kcore. Nothing relevant.

2.4 and 2.6 differ in the kcore llseek file operation as follows

struct file_operations proc_kcore_operations = {
        read:           read_kcore,
        open:           open_kcore,
        llseek:         lseek_kcore, /* this line is absent in 2.6 */
};

It would be very helpfull if someone could point me to the
patch/discussion or explain this change.

thank you,

Youssef Hmamouche