Re: Summer Of Code / kernel related projects

But its open to students alone  :((.  I wish it was open to others too.
>And of course, you're always welcome to propose your
>own project. If people here are seriously interested,
>you're welcome to use the kernelnewbies-projects email
>list to coordinate any kernel related projects.
do you mean these projects will be part of kernelnewbies and not google ?

kanji
Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm wondering if anybody here is interested in trying to
implement kernel related projects as part of Google's
"Summer Of Code" project.

http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html

Most of the proposed ideas are userland, but I've seen
a few kernel related proposals here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties

And of course, you're always welcome to propose your
own project. If people here are seriously interested,
you're welcome to use the kernelnewbies-projects email
list to coordinate any kernel related projects.

I'll be here all summer to give people hints...

BTW, I suspect the "use the audit subsystem to replace
slocate" idea might even make history, since it is also
useful for backup programs, hierarchical storage
management and who knows what else...

Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/