Re: A small change in the scheduler

Karane Mariano Vieira wrote:

Hi all,

I have another question.
I have seen the sched_exit comment and it says that the parent task
retrieves timeslices from the child, if I am no wrong. Do tasks really
deliver timeslices to their children? Is it always happen? Why?
This is due to the fact that should a parent not deliver a fraction of its timeslice to its children, one could fork a large number of processes each one obtaining a new timeslice and actually becoming the owner of the cpu, thus executing potentially forever. In this way there's no way for the forked tasks to harmfully behave... the sum of the executions will not overcome the original timeslice.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Antonio Mancina
PhD Student @ Retis Lab