Re: Re: how to forcefully remove the module from the kernel?

Hi,

This solution might not help in your case as in your case one of the
process context is looping in your module and unloading the module
forcefully will crash the system. But its a good practice to define
one IOCTL command which can make the module count to zero explicitly.
This might help you in situation like, for instance, if you are
incrementing the module count while opening the file (module
implemented) but forgets to decrement the count while closing it, in
this case IOCTL command can come to rescue.
We should not use such a IOCTL command, when we know that some process
context is using our module code, else the system will crash, in such
case I think the only solution is to re-boot the system.

-gd