Understanding code flow in kernel from kernel module

Hi All,

I am implementing Blocking I/O techniques in device
driver and want to understand the fu nctionality of
schedule() function i.e  how the process [ represented
by task_struct ] switch from wait_queue to run_queue.

To understand the code flow, i want to adopt the
simplest technique which is quick and effective. If I
put printk() in schedule() function, i need to compile
the kernel which i somewhat time consuming. Is there
any easier way so that I can understand the flow from
the module to kernel code and could see what is code
flow in kernel.

Another question is , i need to access runqueue from
my module, but the kernel doesnot export the functions
needs to work on runqueue. Please guide me how to
accesses functions which are not exported by kernel in
kernel module.

Regards
Dinesh