Re: beginner question on do_page_fault function and COW

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Vincenzo Mallozzi wrote:

>         printk(KERN_DEBUG "line added to PAGE_FAULT!!!\n");

This should be printed thousands of times during system
bootup...

> Now, I want to do a page fault in order to obtain the
> string "line added to PAGE_FAULT!!!" in my
> /var/log/debug file.

Page faults happen during the startup of every process
at system bootup, as well as at runtime.

> At this point, I expect the searched string as output
> but nothing seems matter.
> Where I fail?

I expect your log level is too low, or maybe /etc/syslog.conf
is not set up to write kernel.debug messages anywhere ?