> Hello,
>
> Gaurav Dhiman wrote:
>
> > __read_lock_failed:
> >         lock ; incl     (%eax)
> > 1:      cmpl    $1,(%eax)
> >         js      1b
> >

> >         lock ; decl     (%eax)
> >         js      __read_lock_failed

please let me know how these two statements are made atomic across the
CPU, i think these two need to be atomic across the CPU for actually
locking the rw lock for reading. What does "lock ;" specifices here.

> >         ret
>
> What you're missing is that (%eax) is not the _contents_ of the eax
> register, but what is in memory at the address stored in eax.
>
> %eax   => contents of eax
> (%eax) => contents of memory at address contained in %eax

ok thanks, yes I was taking it wrong.

What are your comments on the suggestion I made in my last mail.
Please comments, wud the condition >= 2 be better than condition >= 1

Regards,
-gd