RE: Re: SMP kernel

-----Original Message-----
From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tyler
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:32 PM
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SMP kernel

> Mod.h :
>
> int mod_open(struct inode * , struct file *);
> int mod_release(struct inode * , struct file *);
>
> wait_queue_head_t wait;

Dont declare the wait queue in the include file. Declare it in the
mod1.c file and export it (it should be exported by default).
I think the error is here.

No, it doesn't happen that way. I loaded module mod.o which has wait
queue declared. And then I load the module mod1.o which has extern
reference to queue. still the system hangs with SMP kernel !!!

Regards
Srinivas Bakki

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."