linux logo at bootup

Hi

  I recently installed kernel version 2.6.10 on my pc.
I have been trying to get the linux logo at bootup.
  SO I compiled the kernel with framebuffer support,
and selected as many options from FRAMEBUFFER HOWTO as
possible, like :
"
  1. enable MTRR --> did this
  2. prompt for development drivers in code maturity
level option --> did this

Go into the Console Drivers menu(in 2.6.10 graphics
support is the section), and enable the following:

  3.  * VGA Text Console --> enabled it
  4. * Video Selection Support --> enabled it
  5.  * Support for frame buffer devices
(experimental) -- enabeled it
  6.  * VESA VGA Graphic console --> enabeld it
  7.  * Advanced Low Level Drivers --> could not find
this
  8.  * Select Mono, 2bpp, 4bpp, 8bpp, 16bpp, 24bpp
and 32bpp packed pixel drivers --> could not find this

  9. Ensure that the Mac variable bpp packed pixel
support is not enabled --> could not find this."

  10. Also, selected the logo options in the graphics
support section.
  11. Then made the /dev/fb entries with the
appropraite major and minor numbers, rebuilt the
kernel. rebooted it.
But still no linux logo at bootup, am I missing
something ??

regards
Amit