Re: [Fwd: NEWBIE!: What is wrong with this Makefile?]

On 4/20/05, K.R. Foley <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> kmk wrote:
> > I made that change and ran into two issues:
> > 1. I get circular dependency error for sillymod.o
> > 2. I still get sillymod: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel msg. And, printk did not work.
> >
> > /kmk
>
> First, please don't top-post. Second, change the name of the module to
> not be the name of one of the source files:
>
> obj-m := yourmodname.o
> yourmodname-objs := sillymod_test.o sillymod.o
>
> That should fix the circular dependency and maybe fix the original problem?
>
> <snip>
>
> --
>     kr

For printk are you sure that you are giving the priority as <1>
(KERN_ALERT). For more information see
http://www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/x145.html
Also, as far as kernel tainting is concerned look into more details
for MODULE_LICENSE
in the same Linux Kernel Module Programming guide.

Hope it helps,
Rajat.
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~swarup/