Compile warning when using exported symbols located in other loadable module

I am trying to learn how to do module stacking.  I have a module named providesexport that exports the symbol "some_exported_symbol" which is a function.  In another module called usesexport I call the exported function.

The code compiles and runs as expected, however I get the following warning when compiling the module that uses the exported symbol.

make[1]: Entering directory `/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.770_FC3/build'
  CC [M]  /home/tony/learnexport/user/user.o
  LD [M]  /home/tony/learnexport/user/usesexport.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST
*** Warning: "some_exported_symbol" [/home/tony/learnexport/user/usesexport.ko] undefined!
  CC      /home/tony/learnexport/user/usesexport.mod.o
  LD [M]  /home/tony/learnexport/user/usesexport.ko

I am developing in my home directory and have a make file for each module that uses the kernel header files from /lib/modules/<kernel version>.

What do I need to change to allow the module to resolve the exported symbol from the other kernel module so that I won't get the warning?  I like clean builds so that I don't start overlooking _real_ issues, like when I really am missing a symbol that won't be resolved from another module.

Thanks!
-Tony

Example code is available here:
http://webpages.charter.net/origin2k/public/learnexport.tar.gz