Re: Re: prevent execution of a binary.

On 4/15/05, nitin ahuja <nitin2ahuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello People,
>

> > I want to write a piece of code (user or kernel
> > space) that will stop execution of a particular
> > binary say N. Donot want to tie up the executable to
> > any user and do a chown or chmod. Want to prevent the
> > execution independent of any user association.
> >

> Write a user application to do that. That application should find the process id from the given process name (as command line argument) then terminate that process using signal.

but in this case you are allowing the exe to be executed once and then
getting the exe killed thru signal.
I this case it might be possible that exe is too small and exits
normally before your monitoring application detects it and kills it,
in which the whole purpose fails.

I think better idea wud be to check this at process creation time and
do not allow the system to creat it. We can do that by hacking the
execve system call in kernel.

GD