reg PCI devices

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the configuration space for the PCI devices. Each PCI device has configuration registers associated with it which gives the device id,IRQ number etc., These registers I think are stored in the configuration space.

where actually configuration space is ?will the vendor provide device Id etc. could anyone please clear
my doubt regarding configuration registers and configuration space.

regards,
indiraa.

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/