RE: MIPS cross compiler

-----Original Message-----

********************** Legal Disclaimer ****************************
"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."

From: Erik Mouw [mailto:J.A.K.Mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 6:20 PM
To: B Srinivas
Cc: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MIPS cross compiler

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:25:36PM +0530, B Srinivas  wrote:
>     Iam trying to build cross compiler for mips 64 big endian and I
> follow the following steps.
>

> cd  linux/

make ARCH=mips help

That will show you all possible defconfigs.

> cp arch/mips64/defconfig  .

make ARCH=mips xxx_defconfig

> make menuconfig

make ARCH=mips oldconfig

> make dep

No longer necessary with 2.6, and not necessary for building
crosscompilers with 2.4.

[...]

> can anybody tell me where iam wrong .do I need to do anything more ???

Don't try to reinvent the wheel, use Dan Kegel's crosstool.

Erik

--
Erik Mouw
J.A.K.Mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Very true ....

I got the whole thing right now with that. Thanx