Physical Memory Map

Hello,

	I would like to create a kernel module that will somehow allow
userspace to gain access to a physical memory map for the running
system.  Ideally it would show which physical memory regions (Some
physical memory equivalent of a VMA?? I assume??) are in use by which
processes.  It would also show how fragmented physical memory is.

I know where to find information on the Linux VMM, so that is not what I
am after.  My question is:  Has anyone done (or seen) anything like
this?  If there is already something like this in the kernel (or
somewhere out there) I would love to see it.  Also, does it make sense
to make this a separate loadable module?

Thanks in advance for your time. :)

Example output: (This is sort of like what I want to do)
[0x00000000 - 0x00000D80] Process #1
[0x00000D81 - 0x0000F000] Process #2
[0xnnnnnnnn - 0x_end_mem] Unallocated.

Jason J. Herne <hernejj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>