serial joystick module

Hi,

I'm building my own MAME-Arcade-Cabinet from scratch, therefore I built a
joystick interface with a microcontroller that is also equipped with a
USART. The Interface and the microcode is working and sending bytes with
9600 Baud (8N1).
The Plans and Code and all that stuff will be released when all is working as
a Open-Project.

At the moment I'm trying to write a joystick kernel module like the warrior.c
or stinger.c which can be found in /usr/src/linux/drivers/input/joystick/
(these are serial joysticks, too)

The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide at
http://www.dirac.org/linux/writing/lkmpg/2.6/lkmpg-2.6.0.html was a good
start, also in "How to compile a module _outside_ the kerneltree".

To get started with the module, I first want it to dump all incoming bytes
from the Linux-uart with printk to a terminal.
So I will be able to evaluate more easy and can do the input events like the
other joystick modules do. (this is what I have understood when I red the
other serial joystick driver)

The Problem I have, is that I do not know where and how to set the Baudrate,
Parity, Bitlength and Stopbit - and how to catch the serial interrupt and
how to get the received bytes and where and how it blocks /dev/ttyS0 for
other use.

I guess it is done by serio, but form ./include/linux/serio.h I didn't get
cute at all. This really confuses me at all.

It would be great if anybody out there would be willing to help me?

best regards
honschu