RE: How to convert virtual address to physical address and revers e?

>for  896 MB < RAM < 4096MB
>the *virtual field will record the corresponding virtual address if the
>given mapped physical address is larger than 896MB.
>does that the way kernel work ? correct me plz if I am wrong.
>(will discuss more details after thes basics)

	Atleast in 2.4 version, for a low memory page the page->virtual
(if defined)will hold the corresonding kernel mode virtual address,
 for high memory pages, initially this field is NULL and when they get
mapped  (say by calling kmap), the corresponding virt address is stored
here.

>btw, I cant find any function or macro called rmap, is that kunmap you mean
>? I need to dig more about this topic, its getting instresting.

	I think rmap is introduced in 2.6 series, may be you can google
"reverse mapping" and find out.