Re: Getting a Kernel panic while booting kernel..

Hello,

I am so surpried that you just have the same problem with me (and obviously
Fedora Core 3, of course).
I found the same post as you just provided yesterday and updated my udev
too.

The problem still exists. then I build a initrd via make modules, make
...blah blah, as you guess, it works.

the udev seems to control the /dev/files creating and destructing and it
needs the initrd to make it works properly in Fedora Core 3. I test the same
kernel config and image file on RH 9 without the initrd, it boots well.

PS: debian works too.

P.F. Tsai