Re: Getting a Kernel panic while booting kernel..

Hello,

I have EXT3 built into the kernl.  My grub file
section for this kernel looks as follows:

title 2.6.9-prep
        root (hd0,4)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-prep ro
root=hda4

I have tried a few combination of root=hda4,
root=hda5, root=(hd0,4).  All gives me the same error
msg as follows:

VFS: Cannot open root device "hda4" or
unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root
fs on unknown-block(0,0)

Any help would be very appreciated.

Regards,
Ahmed.