Re: Character device driver problem

> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 01:24 -0800, Siddharth Taneja wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to build a simple character device driver which
> > supports only the open, read and release interface. The code
> > compiles fine and the module gets inserted also fine but when I
> > do cat <device name>, the read function is entered multiple
> > times, resulting in multiple and same outputs("we did it"

cat command would just open the file and keep calling read
system call until read returns 0 (which means there is no more
data to be read) or some error occurs.
Modify your read implementation to return the actual number of
bytes read and 0 when there is no more data to be read.

Gopu.
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm