Re: mounting and unmounting of /proc file system

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 09:44 +0000, sounak chakraborty wrote:

> hi
>   which file and function inside the kernel (is called) during the
> mounting of proc file system while system startup.
> Is it do_mount?
>
>   And in which function does the unmounting of the proc file system
> during shutdown
> thanks
> sounak

If I understand the VFS layer correctly, the function called by procfs
on mount will be whatever function pointer was assigned to get_sb member
of the file_system_type struct that was constructed to represent procfs.
This is 2.6 specific.  If you are looking at 2.4 code, you'll be looking
for ... read_sb() I think.

The particular code in question can be found here:
http://lxr.linux.no/source/fs/proc/root.c
on line 35.

The actual function "proc_get_sb" can be found in the dame file on line
27.  It makes a single call to get_sb_single which lives in fs/super.c
line 770.

I'm not yet sure about unmounting.

--
Jason J. Herne <hernejj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>