Re: module in kernel

As usual, a lot of IMHO indeed my words...
1. If I correct understood your problem you acquire the parameter p in a
module A and then calulation over p are done in a module B. In this case
you can EXPORT_SYMBOL in B function performing calculation, modprobing B
before A and then recalling B's routine in the A module. The routine
will be visible because you exported it :)
2. You've got a running kernel and your module A. If you want to load
module A you've got ONE way: using modprobe. If you want to recompile
the whole kernel including A code, A is not a module anymore and you
must play with Makefile and some #ifdef clause inside A's code.

Ciao ciao
sp0nge
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:14 +0000, sounak chakraborty wrote:
>   dear all
> i want to write a module that will take the parameter task_struct p
> and calulate some values
> my question is
> 1.how to pass the parameter from a function to a separate module
>
> 2.i think there are 2 ways to load the module one is through insmod in
> a compiled kernel and the other one is building a module which is
> embedded in the kernel while compiling itself, how to do this one?
> thanks
> sounak

Paolo Perego
Spike Reply S.r.l.
Via Ripamonti, 89          20139  Milano
tel  +39 02 53576.1     fax    +39 02 53576.444
                                  e-mail p.perego@xxxxxxxx
www.reply.it

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the
message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is
prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the
message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to
p.perego@xxxxxxxx