mechanism of threads...

herewith I am putin some furious statements, but it
has led me entagled for 2 weeks so plz help me out...

Now as i know every thread run in the same address
space of parent(correct me if goin wrong). now process
address space consist of 1) Executable code (e.g., the
program's instructions), 2) Stack space for local
variables and 3) Heap space for global variables and
dynamically allocated memory and In Unix, heap space
is further broken down into BSS (contains variables
initialized to 0) and DATA sections (initialized
variables and other constants). now which part of this
address space is shared with thread? or in which part
of address space thread will run.
Now the programming mechanism of thread is somewhat as
follows,
   call to pthread_create(id,attr,fuc-pointer,args)
now when a thread is created the apprpriate function
is called thru that func-pointer right. then how come
v say that thread is running in parent address space
because the programme code is diffrent in that
function body then wat it would be in parent. its ok
that thread must have local stack for the local
variables..also it would share the heap for
dynamically allocated memory...I meant why we say
thread say as lightweight process...

Now another confusion is suppose if we have forked
multiple processes then would the all share the global
memory or get a unique copy of that? how about
threads?

last but not least, is ther any difference between
heap memory and wat we say global memoey..

plz reply me ASAP..thanx in anticipation.

Regards,
Jaydeep.