Re: Linux Driver and application interface through signal interface

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 02:44:45PM +0530, Prasuna Chatla hit keys to express the following:
> I am writing linux device driver. Whenever the driver receives any interrupts,
> it needs to initiate a signal to the application about the data received in
> the interrupt. I was planning to use a select system call for the driver. Does
> any one have idea of signal interface between the kernel and the application?
Please fix your line length.
Why do you need to do this? cannot you use blocking read/ poll?
If you must send a signal, you can use send_signal() call from the interrupt
handler. You can manually insert the prepared siginfo struct as well, but
send_signal is preferable.
HTH,
Om.
--
I reckon that Stonehege was build by the contemporary equivalent of
Microsoft, whereas Avebury was definitely an Apple circle.