Looking for 2.6 porting guide or new board skeleton

I'm trying to learn how to port 2.6 to a new mips board, but I'm not
finding many resources.  I read the great tutorial on the linux-mips
site about porting 2.4 to a new board, but much of it doesn't seem to
apply to 2.6.

I also looked at most of the existing mips arches in 2.6, but there
isn't much in terms of commonality.  I'm trying to take one of the
existing arches and reduce it to the absolute minimum skeleton needed
to compile, so that I can start adding the changes appropriate to my
board in as uncluttered an environment as possible.  But it is not
obvious what is needed and what isn't.

Does anyone have a skeleton mips arch that just has the minimum stub
functions?

Failing that, can anyone point me to a "2.6 porting tutorial",
preferably one that uses a mips arch as an example?

Thanks,
Dave