Re: howto calculate time spent in ISR

Hi,
Its unlikely to used jiffies value to calculate time
period spent in ISR.In all existing ISR it will give
you zero.As processor speed is too much and ISR will
end up in few microseconds at the most.
I will suggest you to use time stamp counter and make
appropriate calculateion using difference in TSC value
and your processor speed multiplication to them.
For example each NOP instruction will take 1 machine
cycle and gives you 1 as difference in tsc.
You can get this info on google. But still if you want
some info on how to calculate it i will provide you
example code.
Prasanna

<http://www.opersys.com/ltt/news.html>http://www.opersys.com/ltt/news.html